So being the beauty obsessed individual that I am, it takes a lot for me to deem something as “holy grail” status. Sometimes, you just know… Sometimes, it’s love right from the first application. I’m going to talk about 5 products today that just never seem to leave my stash and are things that I buy over and over.
1. Vaseline. Yes, I know… But, it’s amazing stuff and has a million uses. The cocoa butter one is my favorite. Smells like cake, it’s great for dry patches that like to flare up on my face at times, and it’s awesome for chapped lips. I also will use this from time to time as an under-eye moisturizer. It’s not for everyone, but it doesn’t clog my pores nor cause breakouts. Always in my stash and I even have the Vaseline mini pots. SO cute. Who doesn’t love a mini, anyhow? Read more here: http://www.vaseline.us/product/jelly/cocoa-butter.html
2. Dove bar soap. I’ve used this for years. I do mean YEARS. Before becoming knowledgeable about skincare, I used this as my facial wash to remove makeup. I don’t now as it can be a bit drying, but it’s still amazing stuff. I have used every scent, but tend to always go back to the original white bath bar. It gives me good memories and takes me back to a place when times were less complicated…less hectic…simpler. It’s classic, lathers well, and will always be a staple of mine. The scent reminds me of old fashioned cosmetics. Pure, clean, slightly powdery, and definitely love at first sniff. I hope to the moon and back that this is never discontinued. I do love the newer scents too…Pistachio Cream even has its own blog entry. Check it out below to hear more of my thoughts on that scent. Here’s a link to this soap on the Dove site: http://www.dove.us/Products/Bar-Body-Wash/Beauty-Bar/Dove-White-Beauty-Bar.aspx
3. Lacura facial wash. Pardon me while I have a soapbox moment here… I have never loved a facial wash like I love this stuff. Never. I will always use this and I pray they never stop making it. The real beauty of this gem is that it’s dirt cheap as in….under 3 dollars. I get mine at Aldi, which is a grocery store chain in case you’re not familiar. It’s made in Germany and it seriously is the best facial wash I’ve ever used. I tossed it in my cart one day thinking, “oh I will give that a go…it’s cheap…” I never imagined I would love it as much as I do. Years later, I am still buying it. I swear it has something in it that makes my eyelashes grow too. I say that because I can tell a difference when I’m out and not using it. Crazy, I know. But, it’s incredible. I’m not affiliated, but sort of wish I was! I could be a spokesperson about this stuff. Seriously. It’s that good. I will insert a picture because I couldn’t find a website directly for the company that really talked about the products…just mentioned it was sold at Aldi. I do know that you can get it on Amazon too, but it’s a tad more expensive.
4. Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara. Okay first I must say, I HATE the packaging of this. But, I deal with it because the formula is so amazing. AMAZING. It makes my lashes longer than long and I always get compliments on them. I wore Revlon Fabulash for 7 years and it got discontinued. I nearly cried. I even wrote Revlon a letter, not that it even mattered. Nonetheless, the search started for a new mascara and I was certain that nothing…I mean nothing…could hold a candle to my beloved Fabulash. It was incredible. I kept hearing about Jordana and for a little more than 3 bucks at Walgreens, I gave it a go. Needless to say, I’ve been buying it faithfully ever since. That was two years ago. Hate the packaging and the mascara does get everywhere on the tube at times, but I can’t live without the formula. My lashes love it and it loves my lashes. I believe you can but it online, but I always just pick mine up at Walgreens. Here’s a link for more info: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/jordana-best-lash-extreme-volumizing-mascara/ID=prod6092513-product?ext=gooBeauty_PLA_Expansion_Keywords_Broad_Beauty_Makeup_Eyes_Mascara_VB_Jordana_jordana_volumizing_mascara&sst=7d6f79a9-9236-f968-63b6-000049644f4c
5. Last, but certainly not least is my favorite loose powder. This stuff has been around since the 1930s, it smells like old fashioned cosmetics(here we go with that again...)it controls oil like no other, it’s cheap, and it lasts forever….on your face and in the container. It is Coty Airspun Loose Powder. The reviews of this are unreal, so I gave it a go a few years ago. Needless to say, I’ve bought it ever since. I am super fair, so I get the translucent one. You can find this at Walmart and Walgreens. If you have oily skin or just like your makeup to stay in place without having to do touch ups…this is for you. It’s been around for decades for a reason. Just saying. Here’s the link so that you can read more about it: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/coty-airspun-airspun-loose-face-powder/ID=prod6577-product
Hope that you’ve enjoyed this post! I always like hearing about holy grail products that others have. When a beauty connoisseur deems something as just that, you know it must be a good ‘un. I would love to hear what your HG products are, so please leave a comment below with any recommendations you might have.